This vegetable salad is so incredibly delicious! And not to mention incredibly easy! My husband and I recently got rid of our microwave. We are trying this new thing where we don’t eat processed foods and if it can be heated in less than 30 seconds, then we probably shouldn’t be eating it. Anyway, we are making sure that what we cook can still be delicious when reheated in the oven. We have also been trying new recipes that can be eaten cold, so there is absolutely no need for it to be heated in a microwave or oven!
– 1 can of organic black beans
– 1 can of organic sweet corn
– 1 can of garbanzo beans (chick peas)
– 1 cup of edamame
– 1/4 cup of chopped onion
– 1 cup of organic grape tomatoes (chopped in half lengthwise)
– 2-3 cups of chopped kale
– 1 1/2 cups of Apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
1. Place the apple cider vinegar and sugar in a small pot on the stove over medium heat. Stir so the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
2. While the sweet sauce is cooking, rinse and chop the kale into small pieces. Set aside to dry.
3. Open all the canned veggies and rinse in a strainer. Mix together in a large bowl.
4. Chop the onion. Add to bowl. Add the edamame and kale to the mixture.
5. Once the sweet sauce is cooled, add to mixture and stir together until all the veggies are evenly coated.
6. Place in fridge to let cool and enjoy!